Security Code for account login not received on phone

Cyberlina27
New Community Member
I have tried 5 tims from phone, 3 from a pc website in the last hour. Nothing I going through. Its no use ! I cannot log in to my PayPal account because no longer receiving or they no longer properly sending authentification codes to phone! This is unacceptable and worrying that people can be locked out of their account without having modified anything just because text sent to phone or SMS are not being properly processed by PayPal. I have to log in to accept a payment for a transaction but all this EU authentification method through SMS seems highly inefficient from PayPal side! Is anyone else experiencing this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Cyberlina27,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues receiving that Security Code via SMS. Recently, there have been some updates regarding our customer authentication process based off of a recent EU Directive. You can read a bit more about it here: What are the Payment Services and Strong Customer Authentication Guidelines?

I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.