Safe to delete old account?

GlitchyPSI
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I am here to ask for safety on something.

I had a Business type account, where it started as personal a long time ago, and it apparently was created when I was under 18. I did not expect this (Could not remember account creation date. I started using the account as merchant when I was 18), and my account was permanently limited when I submitted my documents. I understand the reasoning, and followed the instructions the mail that was sent to me had to withdraw my funds. The email also said that I could create a new account with a different email if I wished to continue using PayPal (I do).

I have completed the transferral of all my finances and information to the new account and I am in the process of exporting my business history, so I wish to ask if it's safe to delete the old account now.

This question is being posted from the new account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GlitchyPSI 

You won't be able to close or delete a permanently limited minor account, it remains permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GlitchyPSI 

You won't be able to close or delete a permanently limited minor account, it remains permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GlitchyPSI
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Ah! Wonderful, that means I can just leave that account be. I trust that there should be no issues when the time to verify my information in the new account comes by, yes?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GlitchyPSI 

Can't see why there would be issues if paypal have said you can open another account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GlitchyPSI
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you so much for the answers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.