Population Identification Code

tacchan
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Thailand asks my Population Identification Code. As I'm not a Thai national I don't have it. Does it means that foreigners living in Thailand cannot use PayPal anymore?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MarcWeber
Tacchan i have the solution. It worked for me. Look at the bottom of your passport (page with your picture). There is also your ID number + other numbers and letters. Type them and it will work.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

tacchan
Contributor
Contributor

I have read this, but it doesn't answer my question.
It specifically says that "Existing PayPal [...] can also continue to accept payments easily and securely." I have been registered to PayPal in Thailand for 6 or 7 years, but today it asked me to insert a PIC otherwise my account will be terminated.

Login to Me Too

MarcWeber
Same problem. I'm french and my passport ID number doesn't work......i have paypal in thailand for more than 10 years...
Login to Me Too
Solved

MarcWeber
Tacchan i have the solution. It worked for me. Look at the bottom of your passport (page with your picture). There is also your ID number + other numbers and letters. Type them and it will work.
Login to Me Too

tacchan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! It worked by inserting the first 13 letters/figures from that string (for a French passport it should be the passport number + the country code FRA. I'm Italian, for me it was passport number + ITA)

Login to Me Too

mntainwalkr
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, I'm glad I found this. I was worried too. 

Thank you for the guy down below who said, "type in the numbers at the bottom of your passport page." 

I'm from USA and I had to type in 10 numbers and USA and it worked. 

Login to Me Too

R0608

Yes, it worked. Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.