Please I can't change my email address

Shinalawal
Contributor
Contributor
Please help i can not change my email address for me to receive my money I am fed up what can I do this situation to me is very very difficult to bear why all this. thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shinalawal 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and add another/new email address first > verify it > go back and click on update and tick the box underneath that says make primary > then you should get the remove option by the old now no longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shinalawal 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and add another/new email address first > verify it > go back and click on update and tick the box underneath that says make primary > then you should get the remove option by the old now no longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shinalawal
Contributor
Contributor
Please I am one
Login to Me Too

Shinalawal
Contributor
Contributor
I have sent my Visa card number and photo of the card to pay pal but didn't send the money after I have submitted all documents they need from me to comfirm is me please help thanks you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi @Shinalwal, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific, and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.