Phone number

mariliisteedla
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. The phone number on my paypal account has changed and I can log into my account. how can I change my old number to a new one? the new number is [removed]

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariliisteedla 

Click the 3 dots on your post and edit it as if i were you i would remove my personal phone number from this worldwide public forum.

Then.........

How do I update my phone number on my PayPal account?

We suggest you review and update the phone number registered on your PayPal account regularly to make sure it’s up to date 

On a web browser:

1. Go to your Settings.
  2. In the Phone section:
  • To edit your phone number, click Change next to the number. Make your edits, then click Update Number.
  • To remove a phone number, click Remove beside the number. (You can only remove a phone number if you’ve at least two added to your PayPal account.)

On the PayPal app:

1. Tap your profile photo.
  2. Tap Account Info.
  3. Tap Phone Numbers.
    • To edit a phone number, tap the number, make your edits, then tap Update
    • To remove a phone number, tap the number, scroll down and tap Remove. (You can only remove a phone number if you have at least two added to your PayPal account.)

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nlghonaimy
New Community Member

When I do that, It always give me error. I am not sure If I have to write it with the country code or what shall I do.

I even tried it with & without country code in both cases it gives me error. Do not know what to do. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @nlghonaimy,

Welcome to the community and thank you @kernowlass for the great info provided!

If you are still having issues updating your phone number, I would suggest you contact our customer support directly. They may be able to manually update it for you.

To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope you get this sorted!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.