Paypal won't allow closure due to money in account, how do I see account balance?

MountainGuardia
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal will not allow closure of account due to money being in the account.  I have looked at every section of my Paypal and there is no way to see a balance on the account.  Paypal can have any money in the account as far as I am concerned, or if I could determine how much was in the account I would just donate it to charity as this would allow me to close the account.  But by removing any means of seeing the account balance they have effectively made it impossible to close the account.

I have to imagine that is done on purpose and is to stem the wave of account closures, but this is not acceptable business practice.  If the little #2500 fine stunt didn't convince me that they are not trustworthy the blocking people from closing has certainly proven this to be true.  My Paypal account has not been used in ages and will never be used again other than to try to get rid of the money they claim is in the account so that I may close it.

Is there any way to get rid of this money and close the account without being allowed to see a balance.  I don't care if there 10 cents or $1,000 dollars in the account I just want the money gone and the account closed.  How can person accomplish this feat?  Waiting for Paypal to allow account closure or to return the account balance to our pages is not going to happen, so anyone got any tricks?  I just want the account closed, I don't care what it costs, but I refuse to attach a bank account to it at this point, no way is Paypal to be trusted at this point.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MountainGuardia
Contributor
Contributor

I tried donating money to charity down to $1.00 each attempt went directly enter a method of payment.  I attempted to donate .50 cents but you are not allowed to donate that small of an amount. So if Paypal put's 1 cent into your account then they can effectively block you from closing the account as there is no way to spend the money.

It looks like the only way to deal with this is to simply remove  all information from the account and replace it with a fake name, fake address and forget about the account.  Maybe some day someone will do a class action lawsuit against them and we can help provide proof for the lawsuit.  Paypal certainly isn't worth any more of my time...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.