Paypal still get my name wrong and I'm not really sure where to go from here.

rrrino39
New Community Member

I've tried sending my ID and other supporting document, twice, to get my name corrected.

I'm from Indonesia, and my particular family does not use the conventional naming system (i.e. first name - middle name - last name). So in short, I have 3 words for my first name, and 1 for my last name.

Again, I already contacted the customer service, and I already stated my full name in the most easy to understand as I possibly could. But I checked again after a few weeks, and my last name is still not right.

My first name is supposed to be "Achmad [removed]", and my last name is "[removed]". But what I see on my account is "Achmad [removed]". Legally, my last name is "[removed]", and not "Rino". So, this is clearly wrong, and I'd love to get some help on this. I know my name is strange, it doesn't follow the usual system, but getting my last name wrong will just going to give me trouble. Which is the reason why I haven't really utilize Paypal. I'd rather get everything correct first, instead of fixing it along the way.

Please enlighten me, I'd be very much appreciate any help I can get,

~ Achmad R. [removed]

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sean

Hello @rrrino39, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you are having changing your name on your account. Please click the following link to continue editing the name change on your account How do I change the name on my PayPal account?.

If an issue persists, for the safety and security, please contact our customer support team via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, chat or phone.

Thank you,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.