Paypal no longer sends me text notifications. I still get via email. My settings are correct.

Rick53
Contributor
Contributor

I used to get text and email.   My settings still show both in my preferences  This is when I receive money It's embarrassing when someone calls to tell you they sent money and you don't know.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

EleneDOM
Contributor
Contributor

I just came here to ask something similar.  My settings say I should get email notifications when I receive a payment.  I didn't even know such notifications existed until a couple of days ago, because I have NEVER received any in years of using PayPal.  I always have to log into the site to find out if someone has paid me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Rick53, @EleneDOM,

Welcome! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! Anytime a payment is sent and received, a notification is normally sent via email by default. The email notifications for a payment sent and received cannot be turned off, so there may be a chance the emails are getting caught in your spam folders. I would recommend checking in your email inbox's spam folders for any recent notifications. Bear in mind that spam folders are normally cleared out every 5-7 days.  Here's also a link to your PayPal Account Notifications page to check what notifications are turned on. 

I hope that helps,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Rick53
Contributor
Contributor

I think you missed both questions.  She asked why she was suddenly receiving them after all these years.'

My question:

1. I suddenly stopped getting text messages, but
  2. I still receive email messages,
  3. I made no changes to my settings,
  4. The settings still show I should receive text notifications.

(Since then I removed the text notification and added it in again as that often works.)

She asked why she just STARTED to receive notifications.

Both of us want to know why these changes occurred.

I still want to know how to get mine working.

You responded with the policy that we will receive email notifications.  Kinda close, but not what we asked.  I've already tried getting a response from Customer Service, but can't get them to respond.

It's disturbing when things are happening/not happening with a financial institution and we can't get a response.  How do we get the information we need?

Login to Me Too

EleneDOM
Contributor
Contributor

No, I said I don't get ANY notifications, even though I have them turned on in my settings!  I have never, ever received notifications when I received payments, and I've been a PayPal client for years.  That's why I said I didn't even know that such notifications existed.

I received a payment 2 days ago, and definitely, NO notification, either text or email.  I have both turned on.  If it was as simple as changing my settings, I wouldn't be here asking.

I also sent someone a payment a few days ago, and he reported getting an email notification to say "You've got money!" or something similar.

Something needs to be fixed.  

Login to Me Too

Rick53
Contributor
Contributor

I notice that you and I are called "contributors."

I don't tend to think that posting a problem is a contribution.   Perhaps it is meant that to get a solution we have to contribute something.

My issue has been ignored by Customer Service and the AI Bot only knows how to spout out random answers.    Now here I am hoping that another customer will respond to the issue.  It's going on two weeks for me and there seems to be no way to get anyone at Paypal to respond.

Were you ever notified that when you signed up for a service or purchased something it became your obligation to respond to customer questions?  I think I missed that memo.  I remember when companies understood their obligation to respond to the customer.  If I am expected to help Paypal, I'd prefer doing so in their Accounts Payable and be responsible for writing company checks!

Perhaps the problem is that their taxes are too high.....  Somehow I think everyone should start following the advice of Howard Beale in the movie, Network.

Login to Me Too

EleneDOM
Contributor
Contributor

OH MY FREAKING LORD!!

WOW.  Just WOW.
How did my message get marked as a "solution"?  My question/problem is not remotely solved.  Perhaps @Rick53 marked it as a solution by mistake.  I hope this will not keep PayPal personnel from trying to help me with it.

Telling me to look in my spam folder is ridiculous.  I clean out spam multiple times per day.  I said that I had NEVER gotten a notification in YEARS with PayPal!  Of course it is not in spam!!!!  
Note that I also have my account set to send notifications by text.  I am NOT getting texts either!

It would have been OK to simply say, "I don't know why you're not getting notifications even though you say your settings are correct" if you have no solution.  Sheesh.  

Login to Me Too

Rick53
Contributor
Contributor

It was not me.

We both have questions that were not answered.

Perhaps PP just wants to make them go away.

Login to Me Too

Rick53
Contributor
Contributor

I want to state that you did not answer the question.

I asked why I no longer receive Text messages.

You responded as if I had said Email (please not the differences between the two words.) and told me to check my SPAM folder.

In case you aren't familiar, Text Messaging does not have a Spam filter.

I tried to get a response by calling.  I was promised a call back.....about a month ago.

How can I get a response from someone who reads the question and responds to that?  Because I have never had a response from Paypal in all the years. And a company that handles almost half of the market for money transfers, we would hope someone would be dedicated to resolving bugs and errors in your platform. Perhaps the lack of response is the cause for your stock price to crash in the last month or so.

If you are unable to respond, and no one will call me back, how can I get a response to my question. All of your money is based on your computer code.   You don't actually sell anything. If people don't trust that anyone is bothering to respond to bugs, well $225B could just disappear in the hands of the public.  That could be the third largest bankruptcy in US History.

Login to Me Too

Rick53
Contributor
Contributor

I'm responding to myself.

No one has been able to help.  Email is NOT timely enough to notify me when money is moving in or out of an account.

Does anyone read this, or does PayPal expect users to solve their technical bugs?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.