PayPal login defaults to old password

Marmot2
Contributor
Contributor

I use 1Password. I have recently changed my PayPal password. However, when I try to login, Paypal brings up one of two previously deleted passwords with a message telling me it is  incorrect.  However, if I copy the password in 1Password and paste it into the PayPal password login box (having deleted the wrong one), PayPal opens. Why does this happen?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
PayPal wouldn't be doing this. It sounds like you have a browser password manager enabled along with your 1Password password manager.

Since you're using 1Password I would suggest that you disable the password management features in your browser.

That way when you load the page page the only thing that would show up would come from 1Pass.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
PayPal wouldn't be doing this. It sounds like you have a browser password manager enabled along with your 1Password password manager.

Since you're using 1Password I would suggest that you disable the password management features in your browser.

That way when you load the page page the only thing that would show up would come from 1Pass.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.