Opening account using mothers details. Cannot accept payment because of SSIN.

ahmedrabib
Contributor
Contributor

I am an US non resident, I opened my paypal using my mothers phone number and address, she is US PR holder. I have very little amount of transactions, around 300 USD. Unfortunately I am not being able to accept the money as they are asking for my SSIN or TIN number which I do not have. What is the best way to resolve this matter?

1. Should I change my name to my moms name?
2. Should I convert to a business account from personal?
3. Refund the money and arrange for a different method?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmedrabib 

If you can't accept the funds they will revert back to the sender 30 days post sending.

Then close that account.

You can then open a paypal account in your own country and as long as you can receive funds in your country then request the sender to send to your new email address /  paypal account once verified.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmedrabib 

Its against paypal rules and a violation of their user agreement to open a paypal account in a country where you do not live + add fake information that does not belong to you on it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ahmedrabib
Contributor
Contributor

What should I do now to resolve this matter?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmedrabib 

If you can't accept the funds they will revert back to the sender 30 days post sending.

Then close that account.

You can then open a paypal account in your own country and as long as you can receive funds in your country then request the sender to send to your new email address /  paypal account once verified.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.