Not receiving any sms or calls from paypal.

stevestone
New Community Member

I have updated my phone numbers but am not receiving any SMS confirmation codes or calls from PayPal. Looking at my numbers it appears a +1 prefix has been automatically added (USA area code). However, i have a UK account and am based in the UK and always have been. I'm assuming this is why calls and SMS messages are not coming through. Is this normal? At the moment i can not withdraw funds without a code.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @stevestone,

Welcome to our community page and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear that you're not receiving any confirmation codes from PayPal! Have you confirmed your phone number in your PayPal account? You can check our page for the steps to confirm your phone number here. If your phone number is already confirmed, you can try some trouble shooting steps that may help you to receive texts:

• Reboot the phone to refresh the network signal.

• Clear phone inbox to ensure it is not full (for old phones with limited SMS capacity).
• Check if there are any phone applications/settings that are filtering SMS.
• Alternatively, you may swap the SIM to another phone to verify if the delivery issue is phone related.

• Check if you are in roaming.

Also, it's possible that your phone is filtering out some text messages.  Please contact your mobile service provider to make sure that your phone accepts all text messages.

I hope this information helps, have a nice day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.