Name Change Issue

harejsr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

So I needed to change my name in my account because the name currently registered is not my full name. 

Now I have followed the process of changing name, with all the documents submitted. PayPal came back to me saying they have changed my name accordingly, but can't add the ' Jr ' at the end of my name, as they say it is title or prefix. Now the 'Jr' is not a title or prefix but it's actually part of my full name. ( I don't know why I am required to submit all those documents for verification if nobody cared to look, as my ID name is clearly shown there ) 

They then added that if my bank accounts name is not the same as PayPal account name  ( which is still not full name ) I might not be able to withdraw from PayPal, and suggesting me to change my names in my BANK ACCOUNTS. Yes they want me to change my correct name in my banks, than to correct it in PayPal...... 

Please somebody just help me. I'm in oversea and contacting them is painful. They don't even have official email to address or follow up on unsolved issue.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@harejsr 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@harejsr 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

harejsr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass ,

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

Alright I will try to send a message to their facebook or twitter. 

Thank you for the suggestion!

Login to Me Too

Gambers
Contributor
Contributor
Almost the same with my problem. I need to change my name cause i cant send or buy something using paypal. And ill do the the process how to change. But isnt reply or something. I want to update my real name i guess to use this app properly. But isnt reply or update me how long can i change my name.
Login to Me Too

Gambers
Contributor
Contributor
Plss help me i want to change my name. I do the process and ill send valid id's. I need an update or something. How long can respond paypal to my request. Plsss help me. Im so tired to fix this. Cmon ineed to send money to feed my family.plsss help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.