NDID not available

rwestco
Contributor
Contributor

Like many others, I have received an urgent message to verify my ID (Thailand). The only accepted verification is not applicable to non Thai citizens and have spent 4 hours trying to contact PayPal with no response. Anyone managed to succeed?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @rwestco

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I understand you have some concern with the PayPal Thai relaunch and verifying your identity. As I'm sure you've already read, as part of this process, you will need to verify an NDID to continue using PayPal after November 30, 2022. Unfortunately, after reviewing the FAQ's in the link above, there doesn't seem to be another option to verify you ID. PayPal is obliged under Thai law to verify their user's identity. The NDID will allow us to do so in a standardized, reliable, fast and safe manner. At this time, the only option to enroll in the NDID platform is to have a Thai national ID.

My apologies for the inconvenience this provides, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.