Incorrect Password error in-app purchase on Android. Password IS correct.

Darxide23
Contributor
Contributor

I've already searched this. There are a ton of suggestions and none of them work or are relevant. This is a NEW Android phone. I haven't even opened Chrome, yet. So there's nothing saved. I simply installed the app I'm trying to buy something in, opened the app, tried to make an in-app purchase. The payment window comes up and I chose PayPal. It fills in my email address (which is correct) and asks for the password. I type the password and it says it's wrong. It is, in fact, the right password. I just double checked on my PC and logged into PayPal no problem. I can view the password on my device and it is typed properly.

I've also logged into Google Pay and removed PayPal and then re-added it via the app. It isn't working.

EDIT: I logged into PayPal with Chrome on my device and it logs in just fine. But in-app it still says incorrect password trying to log into PayPal.

EDIT 2: I have made in-app purchases in this app with PayPal in the past. The last time was in October 2021.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Swam
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Darxide23  ,
Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 
You need to contact customer services to resolve any login issue or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of PayPal pages for options available for your country.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

Regards,
Swam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.