I want to remove my card and close my account but unable to do so

michellekwan06
Contributor
Contributor

Last year I have received an email from PayPal requesting for my appeal which I cooperated and did so but was rejected later. It was said that I could not make any transactions (send or receive money) which I was fine with. But now I want to close down my account for good as I do not want to have any cards in my non usable account. I tried closing my account which they told me that I have to remove my card which I did. But was unable to do so as they said that I have some account issues. How am I supposed to close my account? Customer service is unresponsive and I have been struggling with this for weeks. Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Gane26
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @michellekwan06 

Thank you for your post. If there are any limitations on your account, you may not be able to remove funding source or close account. There are several reasons why your PayPal account may be limited. Here are some examplesIf your PayPal account is limited, go to your Resolution Center for more information on why the limitation was placed and how it can be removed. Once you complete all the required steps, we'll remove the limitation from your account. You can contact our PayPal customer support directly if you have any concerns. 

Thanks

Gane26

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Gane26
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @michellekwan06 

Thank you for your post. If there are any limitations on your account, you may not be able to remove funding source or close account. There are several reasons why your PayPal account may be limited. Here are some examplesIf your PayPal account is limited, go to your Resolution Center for more information on why the limitation was placed and how it can be removed. Once you complete all the required steps, we'll remove the limitation from your account. You can contact our PayPal customer support directly if you have any concerns. 

Thanks

Gane26

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.