I only added my first and last name, how to change it?

dellyjellies
New Community Member

Paypal asked for first name and last name only when I registered, so I only added the first word and last word of my name, but now my bank won't recognise me because the name is different by one word. I can't edit it with the minor change option, and the other two options require me to have either a marriage certificate, a divorce paper, or a deed poll, all of which I don't have.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @dellyjellies 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're unable to change you name. No worries, here's a Help Center article to guide you through changing your name in your PayPal account. If you're still running into issues after that, please feel free reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope that helps! 

- Mujahid

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dellyjellies 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.