I made a us account by accident and i cant get my money back from the balance

Orvarfreyr
Contributor
Contributor

hello my name is Örvar Freyr Harðarson and i am from iceland i have been trying to get my oney back from paypal for almost a year now and i sort of just gave up but now i really need the money. my problem is this. i made an american paypal account with an american address that i found on the web but i only did that because i didnt know paypal was in iceland so i just made an american one. i am trying to get my money back from a app that i used that is called coinbase. but i can not get my money back from the balance because i am not american and i do not have an american address or a bank acount or a visa card or a drivers licence that is from america so my account doesnt allow me to take my money back from the balance i have tried to make an bank account through a app called wise but it does not work it alwyas says that there is some issue with my account can you please help me! thank you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orvarfreyr 

Don't think you are going to have much luck if you opened a legal financial account with fake information, using a country you do not reside in against paypal rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Orvarfreyr
Contributor
Contributor
I only did that because i did not know that i coild make an icelandic one
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orvarfreyr 

If Paypal is unavailable or not supported in a country then you are not supposed to use it.

At the very top of the user agreement that you agreed to when you opened your account it states this.... 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US

Welcome to PayPal!

This user agreement is a contract between you and PayPal, Inc. governing your use of your PayPal account and the PayPal services. It applies to U.S. PayPal accounts only. If you are an individual, you must be a resident of the United States or one of its territories and at least 18 years old, or the age of majority in your state of residence to open a U.S. PayPal account and use the PayPal services. If you are a business, the business must be organized in, operating in, or a resident of, the United States or one of its territories to open a U.S. PayPal account and use the PayPal services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Orvarfreyr
Contributor
Contributor
I did not know what else to do to get my money back and it is supported in iceland i just did it by mistake and i did not put any faked id thing i put my real name,number,drivers lisence the only thing i did was because i needed to put a state i chose california because my uncle lives there i did not think it mattered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.