I'm unable to close my account and PayPal is completely unable to help me?? What do I do??

DragonGrindle
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to close my account. I've spoken to numerous representitives, all of which have told me there are 'problems with my account' that they 'will be resolving'. I recently was told that the problems were solved and to request for the account to be closed, which I have done, only to receive an email 3 days later stating that I STILL have issues with my account?? I cannot see any issues. I have no subscriptions anymore. I have no active payment methods. My bank account is not linked. I have no information on this account that could possibly be stopping it from being closed. I'm trying to close it as my country has changed and I am not in a suitable time zone to actively chase support every single day as I would be awake at the unholy hours of the day just to be shrugged off with this all over again. Am I the only person going through this hell or is this common and will actually be resolved if I continue to badger PayPal's customer support??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi there @DragonGrindle

First of all, welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I am sorry to hear you are running into these issues while attempting to close your account, I appreciate this must be very concerning.

There are a few things that can stop the ability of closing your account:

1. Any positive or negative balance. 
  2. Pending payments.
  3. Active billing agreements. 
  4. Any ongoing limitations or cases. 

I would ask that you please check your PayPal Resolution Center and select 'Go To Account Limitations' to ensure you have no outstanding limitations or requests for information. Also, you can check this link: https://www.paypal.com/policy/hub/kyc to see if we require any information from you. 

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca

Login to Me Too

DragonGrindle
Contributor
Contributor
I have absolutely no positive or negative balance, no outstanding transactions, no subscriptions that get taken from the account, no pending payments and no limitations. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing on the account. And yet it tells me there is an error. I'm begging for this account to be closed and PayPal won't close it.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Thank you for the reply @DragonGrindle

This sounds strange, it may be a bug or an error message on our end. I am sorry this must be very frustrating. If it is a bug on our end and you have been in contact with our customer service team, this would have been escalated to the relevant team already. 

However, if you want to get in contact with us again, you can contact us via Twitter or Facebook. This may be more beneficial as you mentioned there is an issue with the time difference.

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Rebecca.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.