I changed my Two Factor authentication phone number

fixit2002
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my Two Factor authentication phone number to my wife's number when I did an overseas trip, when we got back I removed that number & went back to my original number.

Even though my account shows my original number as the primary, it still wants to send the two-factor authentication to the temporary number I had set up, it is most annoying as I have removed that number from my account, anyone have any ideas as it's nigh on impossible to contact PayPal for help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Donna

Hello fixit2002,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

fixit2002
Contributor
Contributor

My only contact options seem to be the stupid robot trying to find an answer in its database, clearly it can't, all I want is the old phone number I used for an overseas trip removed, all I see is my current primary phone number, that's the only number that should be sending out a code to, I don't want the temporary number coming up as the first option, I want that number deleted from the system

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.