I can't close my account , what can I do?

Andri1506
Contributor
Contributor

I want to close my paypal account, but I'm not allowed to, it suggested that I had to remove my card/bank inormation before doing so, but when I try to remove my credit card, I'm also not allowed to do so. Most tutorials say I have to add a different card if I want to remove an existing one. But if I have to add another one, how will I remove it so I can close my account?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

You cannot close your PayPal account if there are any pending payments or excess money kept in the account. The process for deleting both business and a personal PayPal account is the same

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andri1506 

Do you have any limitations on your paypal account?

If not then what you can do regarding cards/bank accounts is often country specific so can't advise as you have not said where you are located country wise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aymxneee
Contributor
Contributor

What if i have limitations but i can't resolve them because of personal issues. What do i do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aymxneee 

Then sadly you may not be able to use your account.

Why not check with customer services and see if they can help you?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aymxneee
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted them. The thing is i only want to remove the debit card that one of my family members accidentally associated with my account but i can't so i thought of closing my account. There was a bug in their system which i couldn't find a solution two. I did dissociate their credit card after finding out but when they tried connecting it to their account it said that the debit card was linked with another account and when i checked on my account it wasn't! So i thought about it and tried linking the card again and then dissociating it, but as soon as i wanted to dissociate it i found out that my account had some "limitations" and that i needed to verify some stuff. I looked for solutions but i tough of why not asking myself. Anyways thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

Andri1506
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I checked, thank you. I noticed one of the limitations is not being able to close my account unless I solve the limitations, if I can't, I guess I won't be able to earn any money until I get a new credit card. Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.