I can not access my old account because I moved Internationally and changed phone numbers

susit
Contributor
Contributor

I left the US 20 years ago and thought I had deleted my PayPal account, but someone just sent me money for an item to buy used and they were too quick and used my email address which is NOT linked to PayPal anymore! so the money is in my old US account and not my actual PayPal account here in Germany. Customer Service wont help me here because its a US issue and US offices are not open yet but I called already and cant get past the automated options to talk to a real person anyway! to log in, it keeps sending an SMS to an old phone number! so I cant even log in or attempt to change the password! what can I do? need a fast solution!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi susit, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to assist you with this issue via this forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

marcinkowalik82
Contributor
Contributor
I move from Ireland to Panad and I changed phone number and now I can't login... I'm getting email with new code change my password but this f... Still want to sens masege to old number... What to do?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @marcinkowalik82,

Thank you for posting us on the PayPal Community Forum!

I am sorry to know that you're unable to access your PayPal account. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to log in to your PayPal account without a mobile phone number attached to your account. Since you have moved out of Ireland, you will have to close the PayPal account and create a new account in the current location, if PayPal is available in the region.  As PayPal is country-specific, you cannot use the same PayPal Ireland account.

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.