How to use given permission as an employee after it was granted by another user.

dmytroChepurnoy
Contributor
Contributor

I write this help notes for everyone who grant a user with permissions but cannot find a way how to use them.

To create a user and grant him the permission you should follow this FAQ article 

How do I add users to my PayPal account?

In few words: You set in new user settings add new user, set 1st and 2nd names, email, username etc.

Then go to that account email and confirm the user by emailed link and then confirm with activation code.

After the code is accepted go next step on the page and Paypal will propose to set new password (for either new or even existing user).

You enter new passwords and then PP brings you to login page. But is it weird that System ASKS TO SET NEW PASSWORD FOR EXISTING USER?

Here is where the magic comes: user thinks he may login with specified Email. So he tries to login with new password but it fails. Then he tries to login with email and old password. But it fail again. 

I've found out the user SHOULD LOGIN WITH USERNAME specified in employer account, not ones own email. 

So I found this case very weird that if you login as ordinary PP user - you must use email and used old pass.

But if you're employee with granted permission  - you ought to use USERNAME only with new pass.

I hope developers will add a note for users when System IS ASKING to set new password FOR GRANTED USERNAME ONLY

I've came to this conclusion because now I (as that granted employee) may login to myownaccount email with old password and access new granted username with the new password

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.