How to open a business account for an LLC In the US being a non resident with no SSN or ITIN

Roldonio
Contributor
Contributor
I need to open a paypal account for my company in the United States. I live in Spain but my business is established in the US, which is why I opened an LLC. I tried to create a US PayPal account for my company in the US, but to verify the account I have to enter my SSN or Social Security Number. I do not have an SSN as I am not a US resident. Could you verify the account in some other way? My company has an EIN identification number, isn't that enough to verify it? Here I attach the company formation document. I have also tried to create a Spanish PayPal account for my company but as an identification number it asks for the NIF, which does not exist in American companies. How can I create an account for my company then?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Roldonio,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I understand that you're trying to create a business account. Please be informed that you an only have one personal account and one business account. Since you have chosen to a business account then it is mandatory to enter all the required details related to your business. If you need any further help, kindly reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Roldonio
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_Ayesha I understand I can only have one personal and one business account.

My current business account is from Spain, so I cannot enter the EIN and other details from my LLC.

I am willing to close my current business account in order to open a new business account in the US if that is necessary.

My question is can I have a business account for an LLC In the US being a non resident with no SSN or ITIN?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Roldonio, Thanks for that clarifying information. We would only recommend opening an account in which you currently reside or you may run into verification issues like this. So if you currently live in Spain, we normally wouldn't recommend opening an account in the US. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.