How do i access my personal account on the PP app

drware38
New Community Member

The PayPall app on my android phone ONLY lets me go to my Business account!!  It automatically asks for my fingerprint and then opens my Business account.  I want to access my Personal PayPal account via the app!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Donna

Hello drware38,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

If you uninstall and reinstall the App, you can then register using your personal account details.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

drware
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for answering...  but won"t that just leave me in my personal account and i will be unable to access my business account then?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi, @drware. Thanks for following up on your previous message.

If you have both a PayPal Personal account and a PayPal Business account, you can use the Consumer app to access your Personal account and the Business app to access your Business account. Please navigate to the Android Play Store and search for PayPal (for the Consumer app) and PayPal Business (for the Business app) to see the two apps.

Alternately, with the app you have, it sounds like it's necessary to disable the fingerprint log on via the profile (for whichever account you're logged on to at the time), and then the next time tap on the link that allows you to enter your other email address and password. You can use the Consumer app to log on to both types of accounts, but I recommend using only the Business app to log on to your Business account since it's designed to show features of the Business account.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

drware
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Michael!

With a little finagling I managed to get both apps working.  It would be nice if PayPal would change the color scheme on the apps icon.  Both are BLUE!  How about making the Biz app green. 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.