How do I remove shipping addresses from the list in checkout?

lodju
Contributor
Contributor

I have been gradually accumulating a fairly large list of shipping addresses in the drop-down list which appears in the PayPal checkout window, as seen when checking out on various vendors' websites. Some of these addresses are no longer applicable, or have typos or other reasons that I want to remove them. However, I can't seem to find a way to do that.

This FAQ item seems to deal with this issue: https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/FAQ1113

However, the instructions are invalid. "Manage all addresses" is not an option that exists. The only address listed in my account is my billing address - none of the shipping addresses are there.

This post on the forum also seems to deal with this issue: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Managing-Account/Can-t-remove-my-obsolete-addresses-from-checkou...

Is this really accurate? The only way to remove the addresses is to speak with someone from PayPal?

This seems like a total oversight; as if during a website redesign, the developers forgot to include functionality to manage these addresses.

If there's some way to do this that I've overlooked, I'd really appreciate a pointer in that direction. This should be a self-manageable function and I don't want to have to try to craft an email with the specific addresses to remove (which I can't even see without trying to checkout somewhere) or wait for a phone call to do it if I can avoid it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @lodju

Welcome to the PayPal Forum! You bring up a really great recommendation. I hope this is a functionality our teams develop for our users as well. In the mean time, reaching out to our Customer Support will get the job done. They can be reached by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

My apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PeevedPerson
New Community Member

Will PayPal actually fix the issue? The person currently residing at my former address keeps throwing away my boxes, and I can't trust the post office to redirect my packages (despite multiple requests to do so, which is how my packages keep getting tossed). 

I have contacted PayPal about this, most recently last week via phone, and they hung up on me. 

I am ready to delete my account as I cannot trust PayPal to fix an issue that has been reported for the past 5 years. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.