How do I get rid of Messanger?

Gibber
Contributor
Contributor

I was completing an online purchase and clicked on the PayPal option. I then signed into PayPal and was asked to confirm the payment but the confirmation also mentioned something about agreeing to receive a receipt via Messenger. There was no option to confirm without agreeing to the Messenger receipt. I never want to receive anything related to PayPal via Messenger. So I cancelled and paid with credit card.

Why is PayPal trying to send me a receipt to Messenger?

I did a search and the PayPal guide says either change my billing agreement or notifications settings. I followed the directions for both and could not find any reference to Messenger so was unable to "shut it off".

Any help appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Gibber 

Thanks for joining the Community!

There are two ways that your PayPal account may be linked to Facebook, through a billing agreement, or through receipt notifications. You can unlink your account at any time by cancelling your billing agreement, or turning off your receipt notifications.

It's easy to choose whether you want to receive Facebook Messenger notifications when you make a purchase or send money using PayPal. Here's how:
Go to your Settings.
Click Notifications.
Next to Messenger, check or uncheck the box.

I hope this helps!

- Harley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.