How Do I Turn Off Confirming It’s Me?

jxmesvghn
Contributor
Contributor
Ever since starting a new account on PayPal; every single time i log in on the app or browser it requires me to enter a code that gets text to me. I’ve turned OFF 2FA too, and it’s still doing it. It’s becoming unbelievably annoying EVERY SINGLE time i wanna do anything on the app. Why isn’t my Face ID enough? It worked fine on my other account i used the app with. My text inbox is just full of texts from PayPal sending me codes. I wanna stop it
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jxmesvghn 

Paypal requirement now for i.d for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jxmesvghn
Contributor
Contributor
So this is standard for absolutely everyone??? Every single person that uses PayPal now has to enter a code that’s sent to them via text? Everyone?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jxmesvghn 

If you are not on a trusted device then yes, otherwise its random.

I probably get it every 5 or so times.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jxmesvghn
Contributor
Contributor
This is the issue I’m having though. I’m using a trusted device, I’m using Face ID, and it’s still requiring me to enter a code every single time i do anything at all on this new account So I’m asking, is there a way this can be turned off? So Face ID is enough? Which it should be
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @jxmesvghn,

Thank you for the help @kernowlass!

Sorry for the inconvenience! You can skip the 2-step verification by choosing the option to "trust this device." If you have already done and still facing the issue, please reach out to our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.