Do you believe PayPal customer service is the worst of the worst?

ANNAMARIEP29
Contributor
Contributor
I’m just curious to see how many people believe PayPal customer service and PayPal Credit customer service is a joke. PayPal talks about great customer service and you can click a link to find an answer to your question but you just go in circles for 30 minutes! Then you eventually find this community for us to ask each other questions and assume what the answer might be! This is the absolute one of the top ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. Why the Frick would you have a community where people assume things and guess and talk out their **bleep** for days when you can simply have someone answer our questions. This is absolutely absurd and I can’t believe this is a thing. We all get to sit here and complain to each other and get no help. I refuse to play into this and be a mouth breather. If you do get a hold of one of PayPal’s mouthbreathers at customer service and you ask them a question they have no idea what the hell they’re talking about. They read off of a card and have no clue what anything means. I talked with 10 customer service representatives and not one of them knows what allocating payments means. Another problem I have is I select PayPal Credit and I have $2500 available credit and it takes it out of my bank account! Why do I have PayPal Credit and I select PayPal Credit and it is taken out of my bank account and no one can help me, they don’t know why, and they won’t change it or reverse it. What’s the point of wasting valuable credit on PayPal Credit if I can’t use it. You’re better off getting a credit card! I say leave your PayPal Credit account open as available credit to help your credit score and just use some other credit card company that’s competent and can actually help you when there’s a problem. I am going to keep my PayPal stuff though it seems to be doing good and I have no idea why. Good luck!!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ANNAMARIEP29 

1) this is how PayPal allocates payments, See Terms and Conditions.

Payment Allocation

We will use each payment in the amount of the minimum payment due or less, first to pay billed monthly plan payments on any Easy Payments purchases, then billed interest, then billed fees, then the principal balance, and then any other amounts due. However, if you have a balance on a deferred interest purchase, during both the billing cycle preceding its expiration date and the billing cycle in which such deferred interest purchase expires, we may use the payment, after the amount to pay billed monthly plan payments on any Easy Payments purchases, to pay the balance on such deferred interest purchase(s).

We will use any amount in excess of the minimum payment due to pay the balances with the highest interest rate, then the next highest interest rate, and so forth. However, during both the billing cycle preceding the expiration date and the billing cycle in which a deferred interest purchase expires, we may use payments first to pay the balance on such deferred interest purchase(s).

2) PayPal Credit (PPC) is integrated into PayPal Checkout system and they auto-run some checks on-the-spot to decide whether to approve a charge or not, just like credit cards do. And they do on occasion put the charge on your other funding sources, even after you check out with PayPal Credit if they decide to rescind use of PayPal Credit to you therefore ensure all your funding sources are an option before trying to use PPC If your PPC acct is new, they will most likely do this as you may not have any successfully completed transactions with your own money (no returns/disputes) since having the account to go on when they run the checks for approval.

3) If you do not want to use bank account for your purchase, contact merchant to cancel order and issue a refund. If too late to cancel, return item upon receipt to get a refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ANNAMARIEP29
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for explaining to me how payment allocation works. I don’t think you’re hearing my concerns. I understand everything that you’ve said but they don’t help me. This is exactly what I’m talking about, copy and paste answers and no one’s listening, really listening to the actual concern. 1) I already know how allocation works. There used to be an option where I can choose if I want to allocate towards my promotional finances or towards my high interest charges at the current time. you can no longer click the toggle to decide. You now have to call customer service to change this. If PayPal is going to correctly apply or allocate the money to the highest interest I’m concerned with after meeting the minimum do then I’ll trust it. That’s not always the case. 2) There are no reasons for PayPal Credit to resend any charges. Again with the copy and paste answers. No I’m not a new customer I’ve actually had PayPal Credit a.k.a. bill me later since 2008. I have $10000 available in credit. On my Uber account and on the PayPal Credit transaction it says PayPal Credit will be used first. After 20 charges going to my bank account instead of PPC I get very tired of having to call PayPal to adjust a transaction that should have gone through PayPal Credit in the first place. 3) Why would I contact Uber who will tell me to contact PayPal Credit who is billing me incorrectly or charging my bank account instead of PayPal Credit. Uber has my payment selected as PayPal Credit. It’s PayPal’s mistake. So why is PayPal Credit simply charging my bank account when PayPal Credit is set up as preferred. I am not a new customer, I have plenty of credit available, and good credit. 4) Thank you for trying to help but again, I cannot choose to allocate payments when I want. I would like to be able to have all the options that used to be available on PayPal open again. 5) Would anyone know what would happen if I removed my bank account so PayPal Credit was “forced” to use the credit and not my bank account? 6) PayPal MC and PayPal Credit are simply not one of the best credit accounts to have and the customer service is severely lacking. 7) I’ve been a customer since 2008 and nothing ever gets resolved and God for bid you have to dispute a charge, forget it. They open the so-called case and close it within two hours even when you have proof in hand. The one time I had a dispute it took me eight months of non-stop pushing for someone to actually look and see that the charge was not mine. I will add to this post if I find any credible information. Thank you and take care!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

another duplicate post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230323d
New Community Member
Yep the whole company is a giant scam. Sent money to Australia. They wouldn’t release it they won’t return it so I guess that $1000 is just there’s now. 🙄 6 months they’ve had it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.