Welcome to the PayPal Community!
If there's a chance that you might want to use PayPal in the future, it's a good idea to keep your account open. There's no fee to keep your account open.
Before you close your account, make sure to withdraw any money you have in your PayPal account. You can't close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance.
Here's how to close your PayPal account:
- Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
- Click Close your account under "Account options."
- Enter your bank account number if requested.
- Click Close Account.
Here's what happens when you close your account:
- Any unpaid money requests are automatically canceled.
- You lose any unused redemption codes or coupons.
If you do have an outstanding limitation, you may need to contact our customer service team directly.
To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage.
You can also contact us via Facebook or Twitter DM's.
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal
I hope this helps, have a nice day!