Changing community name

PMW84
Contributor
Contributor
I have been back and forwards with customer services all morning about why I can't change my community name. On just about every website or forum I have ever been a part of, there has always been a way to change your name. Paypal is a multi billion dollar conpany and tey can't even offer this. I was told the only way to do this is to close my account and make a new one.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PMW84 

I have that option but not sure if contributors have it as well.

Go to preferences  > personal > is there a box to do a name change?

If not then click on the 3 dots next to your post on this forum and scroll down to 'report inappropriate post' > then send a message to the moderators and they may change it for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PMW84 

I have that option but not sure if contributors have it as well.

Go to preferences  > personal > is there a box to do a name change?

If not then click on the 3 dots next to your post on this forum and scroll down to 'report inappropriate post' > then send a message to the moderators and they may change it for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PMW84
Contributor
Contributor
This worked. Many thanks.
Login to Me Too

afrowoman
Contributor
Contributor
Did you manage to get it changed?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @afrowoman,

Thank you for your post! Please click the 3 dots next to your post or this post and choose "Report Inappropriate Post" and that will enable you to send the Moderation team a request. Let us know the 3 choices you have for a new username, and we will review and make a change if the guidelines are met and the name is available.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

afrowoman
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.