Changed phones and don't have authenticator app associated

stevethesql
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got a new phone and on my business account (I am writing this from my personal account), I have the authenticator app for 2FA. I went to log into my account and it asks for the six digit code on my authenticator app. I have the app but Paypal is not one of the accounts anymore. I need a QR code to set it up and I don't know where that is. There are no other options to bypass the Authenticator App. No SMS or text or email. I log in and it just asks me for the six digit code which I can't get. Is there a way to bypass this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevethesql 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stevethesql
Contributor
Contributor
I’m going to have to wait until Monday during regular business hours to chat or call. This is a serious flaw in their login procedures and there should be another option rather than contacting customer support.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevethesql 

ok, you're welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.