Cannot remove my old "hidden" address on PayPal. :-(((
I updated my PayPal account shortly after moving in April 2022. I am unable to view my old address when I log on, BUT it generates to SOME, but not all sellers, and I have, as a result lost several packages. PayPal seems to have NO phone number, and AWFUL customer service. Has theis happened to anyone? Tips?
Profile & Settings
I am sorry to hear this is happening and I know this must be concerning.
Here’s how to remove your old address:
- You must have at least one address on your account. You can’t remove an address until you add a new address and make it the home address.
- You can’t remove an address from your account if it is your credit card billing address.
- If you are updating an address that is linked to a card on your PayPal account, update your address with your card issuer before you update it with PayPal.
However, if you have followed all of the above and PayPal is still auto-filling your address with an old address, this means there is an old gift address that needs to be removed and to do this, you will need to reach out to us directly.
To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage.
You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's.
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal
I hope this helps, have a nice day!
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- receiver's email address detail in Transactions Archives
- How do I specify what account refunds come out of? in Transactions Archives
- Paypal account issues in Wallet Archives
- payment pending, need link to business account in Transactions Archives
- Impossible to add a New Zealand bank account?? in Wallet Archives