Cannot login due to not owning cell phone
When I login to my paypal account, after entering e-mail and password, it shows a screen which says "Add your mobile number". I don't own a cell phone due to disability and don't intend to own one. My landline and postal address are already linked to my account.
Previously I could click "not now" to bypass this screen but this button is now gone. So I am stuck, I cannot proceed to my account page, cannot change password, address, cannot view transaction history, nothing. I have a number of rolling payment agreements and cannot manage them.
So what now? I feel like I am being discriminated against.
Welcome to the PayPal community! I understand that you are facing issues with logging into your PayPal account and don't have a phone number. There is no easy way of saying this, however, login issues are sensitive, and to fix this you will need to get in touch with us over the phone. It involves verbal verification related to the information on your PayPal account.
I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- UNABLE TO CLOSE CANADIAN PAYPAL ACCOUNT in Security and Fraud Archives
- my paypal account got limited last 29th of aug 2021. in Security and Fraud Archives
- Is this a real payment query or fraud? PAYPAL *MYHERITAGE 700[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]IL in Security and Fraud Archives
- Hacked Account in Security and Fraud Archives
- FRAUDULENT CHARGE - PAYPAL WONT ATTEND TO COMPLAINT! - CHARGE FROM AUSTRALIA PHONE - I'M IN USA in Security and Fraud Archives