Cannot delete old phone number

sorenb86
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me delete an old phone number? Cannot find anything anywhere about this issue.

There is only a "change" button no remove button. Normally i wouldn't care but sometimes when i try to log in it wants to use that phone number for verification. It happened when using the app but when i use a browser it works finde.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

GingerBiscuit
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem but the solution on that page doesn't help.  I have 3 numbers, Home, Mobile and Work.  I want to delete the Work one.  There is no Remove option beside the number, only Change.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GingerBiscuit 

Then just 'change' it to one of your other numbers.

I have my landline and mobile numbers the same because I gave up the landline, couldn't remove it so just changed it to my mobile number. Wasn't hard to work out really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GingerBiscuit
Contributor
Contributor

If I click on Change, the following screen only gives me an option to Add New.  If I use that to try and replace the old work number with my mobile, which is already registered, no changes are made.  The Work numbers remains as is.

I only get any form of dialogue change if I try and put in a completely new number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.