Can’t change personal to business account

puellamaris
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to link my ko-fi to my personal paypal, but it says I can’t unless I make a business profile. Nothing will go through, it says “an unknown error occurred” no matter what browser/device I use. Help!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Did you follow the steps here to upgrade your PayPal account type?

Alternatively, you could create a new account to use as your business account and leave the current one as your personal account.  I would recommend this if you think you'll be using PayPal for both personal and business transactions.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

puellamaris
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately my bank won’t let me connect my account to another paypal profile. What now?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Well that's odd.  I've never heard of a bank limiting you to what accounts you can link it to.  Personally, if my bank was doing that to me I'd be finding another bank to hold my cash.

That said, you should really have a business bank account linked to a business PayPal account, and a personal bank account linked to your personal PayPal account.  That would be best for bookkeeping and business structure / maintenance.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.