Can't add bank account, requests to add number but number already confirmed

gwagnerbiz
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot add my bank account to PayPal account. Every time I try it asks me to verify my phone number, but I already have a number verified and the system refuses to accept my number. I keep getting this error "this number isn't supported". I have tried to use all my numbers even ones I have been registered to for a long time, but I keep getting the same error. On my homepage, I also see these notifications to add a phone number to my account, but all attempts keep giving the same problem. Please I need help with resolving this number and bank account issues. I have called previously about this issue but it has not be resolved.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gwagnerbiz 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gwagnerbiz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Yes I am certain I have tried my numbers that meet that requirement. I don't know if maybe there is a specific carrier or type of plan they need. This is quite frustrating because payments should be coming into my PayPal pretty soon. Customer service seems not to have any solution too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.