Can I change my username on my papypal account

Penfold66
New Community Member
On the PayPal account under my name I have a username @ Can it be changed as I only see an option to change actual profile name
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Penfold66 

To my knowledge the @name is based off of the PayPal.me link and generally not changeable but you’ll have to contact customer services, to see if they can edit it for you as per Help documentation:

How can I cancel, delete or change my PayPal.Me link?
Once you’ve created your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to delete it. If you want to hide your PayPal.Me link from the world, log into PayPal.Me, tap or click Turn Off My Link. This will prevent people from sending you money. Your PayPal.Me link will still be linked to your PayPal account and won’t be available for others to grab.

If you need to edit your PayPal.Me link, you should contact our Customer Support by clicking Contact from footer of any PayPal page.”

How do I manage my PayPal.Me link?

To contact customer service:     

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.   

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Penfold66 

To my knowledge the @name is based off of the PayPal.me link and generally not changeable but you’ll have to contact customer services, to see if they can edit it for you as per Help documentation:

How can I cancel, delete or change my PayPal.Me link?
Once you’ve created your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to delete it. If you want to hide your PayPal.Me link from the world, log into PayPal.Me, tap or click Turn Off My Link. This will prevent people from sending you money. Your PayPal.Me link will still be linked to your PayPal account and won’t be available for others to grab.

If you need to edit your PayPal.Me link, you should contact our Customer Support by clicking Contact from footer of any PayPal page.”

How do I manage my PayPal.Me link?

To contact customer service:     

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.   

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.