Being forced to enter security check to log out of PayPal account?

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Recently, I have noticed that I am being allowed to log into my PayPal account without having to prove I am not a robot, but not being allowed to log back out again without getting a code sent to my phone, which then in turn just logs me back in....

I realize that PayPal has gotten somewhat overbearing about security of their accounts, but why would I be allowed to log into my account without concern, but have to prove I am real in order to log out?? That just seems stupid, as if some very poorly made algorithm is latched onto their account site, and has developed into some kind of virus. 

PayPal has never been known to be internet savvy people, and their site security is indicative of that in the way they attempt to create a cyber-secure account environment, but miss the mark by a mile with every shot, but this is a new stupidity that is difficult to grasp.

WHY DO I HAVE TO PROVE WHO I AM TO LOG OUT?? What possible security could that provide really??

Someone please explain this to me, and Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zlloyd1 

Never heard of anyone having to log out !!!

Very odd, suggest you contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I will do so as soon as they are back open, but it is confusing is all....

Honestly, I have gotten sick to death of trying to prove to a website that I am not a robot, and having to prove I am human just to logout seems utterly ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.