Android app has stopped working...

stevedunne
Contributor
Contributor

On my samsung galaxy 7 phone, the Paypal app has been working well for some years. Today when I try to log on, the app stops with a message "Connect to the internet - please check your settings and try again".

The internet connection is good, and I can log on to my Paypal account directly via Firefox. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, "stopped" the app, cleared the cache, all to no avail. Other apps, including bank apps, are connecting via the internet without issues.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks, Steve.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

IA22
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to be a case of an issue with the android device and not of Paypal. Try restarting the mobile phone. I had the same issue when I used to play lots of [Removed] on my android device. Hope it will serve the purpose. Thanks

Login to Me Too

stevedunne
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think so. I have closed the phone down and restarted it several times, unloaded the app and reloaded it, nothing changes it. Now when I reload the app I am told I need to telephone an 0800 number for a different way to install the app, but the suggested phone number just drops the line as soon as it connects. This happens repeatedly. All other apps work well, I don't play games, watch TV or films on the phone, there is plenty of space and memory and android is fully up to date.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @stevedunne!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the mobile app. If the system tells you that you have to call our Customer Care, here you can find a link with the contact page: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us. If you need to call while you're logged out, you can do it by clicking 'Call us' > 'Call us as a guest'. 

I hope it helps. 

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.