You are viewing the PayPal Community Archives. This content may be old or outdated. Leave the Archive
Okay so. I made my account into a business one by mistake then tried to go back but found out I couldn't now I am trying to close my account and recreate it but constantly get errors saying I can't close my account and that I should contact support. I tried looking where to contact support but can't find anywhere to resolve my problem.
There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.
Okay so I made some progress now it says accounts under review can't be closed guess ill wait some time.
Hello @Moth32, Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting,
Want to downgrade your account? Not a problem. Just follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. We'll review your request and email you back within 72 hours.
If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:
As your account is now under review, you will receive an email once this has been resolved.
I hope this helps,
©1999-2023 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.