verification code not being sent

sonichydro
New Community Member

I need to pay a company through paypal and my account detyails cannot be verified.  I tried doing this over sa week ago and have been waiting for the deposits from paypal since.  I have check my online banking, used the app to search for paypal deposits, and been into the bank to ask if anything has been deposited.  All have yeilded no code for me and i am not looking very unprofessional due to the lack of a code being sent from paypal.  

how can i confirm my bank account without this code being sent it is now becoming rediculous,  paypal are putting out adveets telling us it is the new money it hardly the new money if it this hard to sent up!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

KamilB
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same problem!

I'm UK based been waiting for that code for good few days now as well!?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi sonichydro and KamilB,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenge with verifying the bank account.

If you have initiated the bank account verification process, it will usually take 3-5 business days for the transaction to be fully processed by you bank.

If you need to verify your PayPal account urgently, I would recommend you linking and verifying a debit or credit card. You will be able to see the random charge with the code in its subject line within few minutes from initiating the verification process.

The transaction will be available in the card’s pending transactions in your online banking. Alternatively, you can call your bank and ask for the code as the representative will be able to see the pending transaction.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

KamilB
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, Thanks for the reply and help! TBH one day I decided to ring PayPal spoke to some nice gentleman who sent me verification code manually which took 5 seconds. Have a nice day.
Login to Me Too

Lithium2
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly same problem, added and tried to confirm bank 2 days ago but still have not received the code into my Tesco bank yet. It does say code will take from 2 minutes to 2 hours, not 3 - 5 days as mentioned on here! 

Verifying credit card took only a few minutes but bank process is hopeless. Cannot even check to make certain bank details are correct as paypal only show last 4 digits of account number which is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.