stuck "checking your info"

peapea
Contributor
Contributor

Making a purchase and paying with paypal is usually fast. Today its stuck on "checking your info". I want it to OK or reject the transaction not sit there for 15 minutes  

Login to Me Too
137 REPLIES 137

tantrasway

Thank you guys. I have the same problem and have to wait a day with frustration.

The way to change to ebay.ca to checkout is perfect! 

Login to Me Too

efdi
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, Ebay.ca works fine for me too! But they should fix ebay.com and ebay.co.uk, it's not normal for this problem to exist in the first place!

Login to Me Too

Harza

Thank you for advice ebay.ca worked. Checkout ebay.ca is different. Really frustrating problem with paypal!!

Login to Me Too

-PSi-
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder why PayPal nor eBay has not reactied on slow "Checking your info..." phase? As all our network activity is closely montored by both companies (and NSA) I feel it odd that no rectification to problem has been issued, and that PayPal has not officially contacted this this thread, or me due to being stuck for minutes.

I did try the button related to not being able to log in, and from there I got all kinds of suggestions, but no luck. I then tried contacting PayPal, but as I swapped tabs in Firefox while checking what the wording in "Checking your info..." was, the contact message became closed. Now paypal asks by email if my account was compromised. I have no way of rectifying this either as my account was not (to my knowledge) being compromised!

Someone here suggested adjusting my account. I have not received any message from Paypal that I should do so. Has my account now somehow become vulnerable because of not adjusting my account and by using Canadian eBay to pay my purchase?

I found it quite unnerving to enter eBay after first trying to pay through payPal and being stuck into "Checking your info..." and noticing that I've promised to purchase but have not done so, as was unable to do so. I felt I had given false promises of puchase.

So, I too managed to finalise my purchase through canadian eBay, thanks to this message thread.

Login to Me Too

yorak

Same. I've had this issue for months. What works every time on desktop is close the popup window stuck to "checking info" and just try again. Then it succeeds. This workaround works for me every single time.

Login to Me Too

nakkimake
New Community Member

That worked last year.
Now i does not work for me 😞

Login to Me Too

Artemfred777
Contributor
Contributor
The same problem!
Login to Me Too

edu_s92
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!!! I am having the same problem right now!

Can't log in to Paypal via Ebay to make a purchase..so frustrating

Also, paying on ebay.ca is not an option for me 

Login to Me Too

gergogergo

Im experiencing same issue today morning at ebay.com (yesterday i had not any problem with it...)

I tried ebay.ca and payment works, luckily.

I hope it will fix soon because it is very annoying.

Login to Me Too

Antrophin3

Same problem here, tried to pay via ebay, stuck at "Checking your info...". Same happened last night, and few moments ago 😞

What can we do to bypass this besides doing "ebay.ca" workaround?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.