"An important message about your PayPal balance" - Query

hamz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PP community,

I have had my PayPal account for over 7 years and have been selling on eBay for over 7 as well. Recently , this month, I've been selling a lot due to trying to save for a trip around the world! I've been going heavy on the sales, trying to get some extra cash for stuff that really I have no need for.

this morning I got this email: 

An important message about your PayPal balance

Dear Hamesh*************,

Because you have recently started to sell with PayPal and you do not have any prior selling history with us, money from payments you receive will be placed in your pending balance for up to 21 days to make sure there were no problems with any transactions.

We know that this can be frustrating and we appreciate that it impacts your business; this is part of our security process and helps ensure that we continue to be a safer way to buy and sell.

What can I do to get my money faster?
Even though you can't access the money right away, continuing to send out orders quickly and communicating with your buyers can help avoid future limitations. As long as there are no problems with the order, you'll be able to withdraw the money within 21 days.

If you process the order quickly and mark it as Sent/Processed on the Transaction Details page, the money may be available in 7-14 days, depending on where you sent to and the delivery method you used.

Will this happen to all my payments?

No, once our security checks are complete, you will receive future payments immediately.

Log in to your PayPal account and go to your Transaction Details page for more information about funds availability.

Waited 60 days from the date you receive your first payment.

After you’ve completed these steps, your money may be available within 7-14 days.

For more information about the Funds Availability policy, log in to your account and go to the Resolution Centre.

Questions? Let us know

Thanks,

PayPal

--

Is this saying I have to wait 60days? This is surely a crazy amount of time? I don't feel; as a seller, that I'm safe with PayPal anymore. 

How will the funds be released quicker?! Once they leave feedback? Is my account limited? Can I speed up my "security checks" that's 7 years late?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi

Have u tried calling ppal direct and explained why your selling activities have increased and is it possible to release your money as u are an established seller for over 7 years?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.