lifting limits checklist meets weird DEADEND! moderator please help

peppz
Contributor
Contributor

basically im trying to lift the limits on my account and did everything on the checklist easy peasy until the last bit where it says confirm your information which is basically putting my name and address and clicking confirm, for some reason it keeps saying info doesnt match info doesnt match even though everything is CORRECT, even varations like making it exactly like my billing address or changing miss to ms doesnt work, i am not trying to commit fraud everything there is as it should be and still paypal says

''We have done some checks and, unfortunately the information you have entered doesn't match the details we found for you.''

i even trawled through my account to see if id filled in some details differently and NOTHING was different, my address, billing address, given name etcetcetc was exactly as in the confirm info page

so i thought, NEXT STEP, confirm by phone, but then it tells me i cant confirm by mobile phone, okay this makes sense because i could be anywhere and say oh yes i live at this address BUT im an international student in a dorm, there is NO landline, so i click NEXT STEP confirm by post, it gets me to a page that says a letter will be sent to me in two weeks about what im supposed to do, fine, its the worst way possible and somehow im sure paypal will **bleep** it up somehow by sending it to me in a month and then saying my documents are wrong anyway but fine its my only choice so i click confirm but then that leads to a page that says something like 'error from the link' or 'error from the page you were trying to find', basically ERROR. then i check the page thats for lifting limits and the page says

Provide more informationUnfortunately, we can't confirm your information. Send us your documents instead.  
Confirm your informationUnable to confirm by phone - please wait to receive your validation code by post.  
Enter postal security code.Unable to Confirm by Post.  

the words on the left are cancelled out with a black line in the real page, iv copy pasted it and it doesnt transfer the line for some reason. so what the heck am i supposed to do now??? what kind of weird **bleep** up is this that i cant confirm online,on the phone, by post and suddenly its a deadend??? when i click the page for lifting limits now it just says More information required to lift account limits but then theres absolutely nothing i can click??

i really hope the moderators can give me a good solution because iv had similiar experiences to other people who have compained in the forums about how paypals customer service is like a blackhole of nonexistence, emails go unanswered, im on pay as you go so im not paying 20 pounds to wait 1 and a half hours for noone to answer like someone else posted, god how i wish ebay would crack its whip hard at paypal but then again ebay itself has quite a ridiculous way for customer service

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

peppz
Contributor
Contributor
@paypal barry are you kidding me?? you seem to be able write and communicate in english and and yet why is it that you cant seem to gather enough brain cells to comprehend what i said in my post?!?! what the f**uck does it matter that the documents are pretty standard, MY PROBLEM IS THAT I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTS PAYPAL fr**eaking wants?!?! iv repeated over and over, the page is at a DEAD END, there is NO INFORMATION on what i could possibly even send in, there is NO FOLLOW UP on what i can do next, and yet you and your fellow id*iot moderators keep telling me --oh tralala just send in your documents, oh tralala the documents they need are pretty standard, god if you cant even figure out what the problem is with your answers, then just crawl back into your dark hole, neanderthal, youre not doing any one any favors
Login to Me Too

zonk
Contributor
Contributor

Report them to the FSA (Financial Services Authority) if you are in UK. That is my next move. This constantly appalling customer service has to be a policy not a coincidence !

Login to Me Too

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

@zonk wrote:

This constantly appalling customer service has to be a policy not a coincidence !

I'm beginning to see that myself. FSA - not a bad plan. Our dead end is this....limits.png

Picking lift limits now takes us to this every single time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, serious apologies owed to anyone who feels that they have been receiving shoddy Customer Service from our operators. Like any Financial Institution we have a Regulatory body (CSSF based in Luxembourg) that is constantly reviewing our policies and procedures. It was felt that we needed to collect more information on our customers to satisfy regulations. This is what is currently been undertaken. Let me just apologise again for this. If you have managed to complete your steps, please come on here and share your experiences with other users so that it can be of assistance to them. If you haven’t managed to do this, please also share your experience here and we will try and assist as best we can. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Stapler
Contributor
Contributor

I am having EXACTLY the same problem as the OP, This has been going on now for about 2 weeks and i am really getting annoyed with paypals poor service, I have sent documents...no response, They have also asked me to change my name!!! WTF???, I also had the unable to confirm by post error but i received the letter with the confirmation code ?? but there is NOWHERE to enter it , I have emailed paypal several times explaining my problem but all i get is "ring this expensive phone number" even though i have already explained I DO NOT HAVE A LANDLINE, And phoning an 0870 number from a pay as you go mobile will cost a fortune...What do i do now do they want a DNA specimen sent from my doctor ???

If anyone from paypal ever bothers to come here and check, Please click on the images below to see just one problem YOU have..

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/lnichol8/NOWHERETOENTERCODE.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/lnichol8/Paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too

Stapler
Contributor
Contributor

This is getting ridiculous now, I have had a further email from paypal asking me to CHANGE MY NAME!!!!! WTF i want to use my real name not a different one!!!

Why must i change my name, If paypal cannot confirm who i am or where i live how did you manage to send me the confirmation code letter ? My account details MUST be correct or the letter would never have arrived!!

The name on my account is my real name which also the same name on the proof of identity which i have emailed paypal 6 times now...Whats going on someone please answer!!

Login to Me Too

Stapler
Contributor
Contributor

AT LAST!!!!! Someone at paypal had finally seen there was an error that made completeing the proof of ID impossible

*****We understand that waiting on the mail to validate your address is
frustrating. Therefore I have edited the steps on your PayPal account in
your resolution centre to allow you to upload a proof of address as an
alternative.*****

The option to enter the confirmation code appeared and i could FINALLY enter it, So thanks to that one person who for a change looked into the problem and realised something WAS wrong on paypals part, All i can suggest is if anyone else gets this problem just keep emailing them until someone with some knowledge looks into it PROPERLY.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Lesson learned for PayPal here stapler. Good to hear that it worked out in the end, but not good that it took so long and so many contacts from you, the customer. You can be sure all thoughts and feelings here will be conveyed in any meetings with management and product developers. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Jim_2011

I'm getting the same problem. And I have also phoned PayPal (at great expence) only to be told it's a glitch, but nothing has ever been done about it! And no one will tell me what to do. This truly is frustraiting! Please help someone!!!!

Login to Me Too

zonk
Contributor
Contributor

The reason both Paypal and Ebay customer service is so rubbish is because they are both owned by the same company !

It is deemed far too expensive to staff systems to deal with customers problems and far easier to just ignore them and hope they go away - so long as the money keeps rolling in, who cares ! 

I have been trying for 3 months to varify my bank account - even if the help systems do actually reply, they tell you to go to pages, print them off and send, but that their website won't allow you access !

If they end up loosing me money i'm going to sue and would encourage others to do the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.