i am being asked to fax/upload phot id and proof of address why

angelwitch
New Community Member

i have been told by paypal to send them photo id and proof of address to allow me to recieve more than the allowed yearly amount of funds to my paypal account,is this right

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_barry

Hey there, requesting photo ID and proof of address is not part of our verification process. I can only assume that you have the EU Receiving warning/limitation. 

Once you have processed £1,900 or so through your account we are obliged to re-verify your details. This requires us to prove who you are, your ownership of the finances on the account and some basic know your customer information. Don’t worry; all the information passed to us will not be shared with anyone else

Login to Me Too

Majority
New Community Member

Hello

i am an EU citizen, and I have reciving this warning too, how and where do i send this?

Tanks in advance

Login to Me Too

Ortegalink
New Community Member

I have the same question. You ask me for an ID proof without any information how I should send it to you. To reply to your email doesn't work. 

Login to Me Too

Taake
New Community Member

How much time does it take to review the documents we upload? I am really needing to withdraw my money on paypal...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Taake, 

The time it would take to review them would depend on why you are being requested to send documents. Our general timeframe would be 24-72hours. Once reviewed you would receive an email to your registered email address. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.