how to get live person to review problem removal EUR 2500 withdrawal limit European PP account

cosmopolitan

My wife and I live in Spain and she has a PayPal account connected to her Spanish bank account. Recently she received messages saying she has reached a 2500 EUR withdrawal limit (to her bank account) and requesting to send copies of her id and of proof of residence (in Spain). So she uploaded her passport copy plus a local town hall residenr registration statement with her address called 'empadronamiento' as proof of residence and my wife also sent a bank statement. Neither one nor the other was accepted ads proof of residence. Other documents were sent and also rejected What else can she do then to satisfy the need? In Spain such things are limited. First of all most banks do not provide old fashioned bank statements anymore due to privacy laws there which are very strict. Often only the foreign resident number (NIE) shows. The bank its own address never shows just their logo. Utility bills are not possible given that we have an all-in rental. The phone bill we have with her name was refused as well. I believe with that one the problem is that it does not show our updated street name but our old street name (changed 6 years ago by the town but never updated by the phone company and we have no influence onb that but the btown name and zip is the same). Not sure what to do now but I'm getting a bit desperate smnce this way teh account will soon be restricted. Peter

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cosmopolitan

Your best bet is to phone or email customer services and ask what they will accept to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.