how many times will paypal put the payments in pending for 21 days for new users?

nshariatian
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,
New paypal user here. 
I am billing my custeroms for software engineer services using the paypal invoices.

I am not selling anything on Ebay or anything
So there is nothing to "ship"..

My question is simply how many times will paypal put my payments on hold for 21 days?
Is this a onetime thing or will this occur for months...
If so, i will have to unfortuantely swicth to another system as soon as possible

Looking forward to your response
Thank you 🙂 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nshariatian

Hold for non-ebay items from paypal pages   >>

If you recently started to sell with PayPal and you don’t have any selling history with us, payments you receive (except eBay payments) are now being placed into your pending balance. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days.

Typically, you can access these payments within 7-14 days if you:

Send the item to the buyer’s postal address, as shown on the Transaction Details page
Mark the item as sent on the Transaction Details page and provide the dispatch details (for digital goods, mark the item as processed on the Transaction Details page).

Once you complete the below requirements, you won’t be considered a new seller any more, and you should receive future payments sooner.

Receive a predetermined number of payments
Wait a predetermined number of days from the date you received your first payment.

You can also view your remaining requirements and confirm your identity at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Resolution Centre.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nshariatian

Hold for non-ebay items from paypal pages   >>

If you recently started to sell with PayPal and you don’t have any selling history with us, payments you receive (except eBay payments) are now being placed into your pending balance. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days.

Typically, you can access these payments within 7-14 days if you:

Send the item to the buyer’s postal address, as shown on the Transaction Details page
Mark the item as sent on the Transaction Details page and provide the dispatch details (for digital goods, mark the item as processed on the Transaction Details page).

Once you complete the below requirements, you won’t be considered a new seller any more, and you should receive future payments sooner.

Receive a predetermined number of payments
Wait a predetermined number of days from the date you received your first payment.

You can also view your remaining requirements and confirm your identity at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Resolution Centre.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nshariatian
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your kind and promopt response kernowlass! 

The Paypal delays and the time it takes to become a trusted seller is simply not an option for me at this point.

I have already moved my services to Stripe with a better invoicing solution. 

Again, thank you for the help!

Cheers.

Login to Me Too

nannie51
Contributor
Contributor

I have read your reply and Thankyou for your time. I am confused though. A number of transactions as a seller on ebay have gone through smoothly and the money available straight away. I have been a member for 5 years. Never had any bad feedback and I am at 100 per cent. Suddenly the money started going to pending. If what you say applies to new sellers straight away then why have my transactions always been available until now. To be honest it is putting me off selling because there appears to be no sense as to why you started to do this. A reply would be appreciated. Thankyou

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.