how do I put my account on hold so transactions can not take place? Furious with PayPal

TimFisher748
Contributor
Contributor

Hello
There was a fraudulent payment made not by me but by somebody buying fuel for their car.

PayPal got onto it immediately and my account was credited with the £50 or so. I in turn changed all my passwords, sent them ID, changed my mobile number and security questions.

Five days later and amount of 98p for a transaction that I've never made was attempted , which I elevated as a fraudulent case.
I have questioned this and elevated it to a dispute and this evening I've been told that the payment has been upheld and they have taken 98p from my account.

Unsurprisingly I am absolutely furious with PayPal because I have had no dealings with the company who have just been paid 98p.

I was told by PayPal it was because it was a payment for goods after receiving goods from said company. Who pays after receiving goods, no one?

We make very few PayPal payments so it is obvious that I have no dealings with this company from my account history.

How do I put my account in hold as someone out there is running rings around PayPal and I am at a loss to stop them?

I cannot complain about the transaction because the system will not let me as it sees it as a resolved case.

thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had any response from our members to date.

I am sorry to hear of your experience to date. Is it possible you could reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook and we can have this looked into for you?

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.