confirm the debit card

umrand
New Community Member

hi 

I have just made paypal account and I wanted to buy something, but it told me to confirm my card by logging into paypal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Before you use your PayPal Account you should ensure that you take the time to "verify" your account.  This normally requires linking and confirming a bank account.

You can also link and confirm a credit card as a backup funding source.

After you’ve added your card number, you'll need to confirm that you own the card. Here’s how:

We’re introducing a new and improved Profile to some customers. Until all customers are using the new Profile, there are 2 sets of instructions on how to do this. Please follow the instructions that match what you see on the site.

Authorize PayPal to send a code to you

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update beside Credit cards.
  5. Click Confirm My Card.
  6. Click Continue.

Or

2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Link and Confirm My Card.
  5. Click Save and Continue.

Locate the charge and a code on your card statement

• PayPal will charge $1.95 to your card. (Once you have confirmed your card, this amount is refunded to your PayPal account immediately or to your card within 30 days.)
  • The charge appears on your debit or credit card statement with a 4-digit code and the word PAYPAL. If you view your card statements online, you can check for the code in a few days. Otherwise, check for the code when you receive your next statement in the mail.

Confirm your card by entering the code

Have your 4-digit PayPal code ready.

2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update beside Credit cards.
  5. Click Enter PayPal Code.
  6. Enter the 4-digit PayPal code.
  7. Click Confirm Card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.