account locked after filling personal details

shahar1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

after I haven't used PayPal services for few year I logged into my account and fount it limited.

the web page asked me to fill more personal information in order to remove the limitation and I did.

afterword's my account got locked and I got a message that I can't use PayPal services anymore.

I have called you're support team in Israel and all they told me was that PayPal won't let me use their service ever again and that I can't do anything about it even though they can't even tell me why.

I want to know if there is any real why to appeal or at the very least understand why I got ban after filling personal detail for account that wasn't used in years.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shahar1

Well no one here is going to know the reason if customer services don't.

Did you open your paypal account underage?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shahar1
Contributor
Contributor

not as far as i remmber and they had the currect birth date even before i enter my ID

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi shahar1,

Welcome to the PayPal community,

You need to be 18 and over to have a PayPal account. If your account has been limited because you are underage, it will remain limited.

If you are now 18, you can open another PayPal account using a different email address. You can then request that we release the financial information from the limited account so you can add it to the new one. You can do this by contacting us through the Message Centre of your account.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

shahar1
Contributor
Contributor

thanx for the replay.

ill try to create new account (i am 24 yo and i think i created the acount about 5 years ago but i might be worng)

hopfully i wont have to call the support agin cus they ware very unhelpfull and quite rude.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.